2014 Mobility Development Group Global SummitOctober 7 - 9, 2014
This meeting was open to all wireless operators and vendors interested in devices, network and roaming involving 4G and multiple technologies.
Presentations are now available for download! To obtain Members Only presentations, please email email@example.com.
THANK YOU from the Mobility Development Group
On behalf of the Mobility Development Group Members, thank you for taking the time to join us in Kansas City for our first Mobility Development Group Global Summit.
It was our pleasure to provide this inspiring, collaborative and international forum for our members to discuss operations and share best practices.
And thanks again to our host Sprint, and meeting sponsor TNS.
If you were unable to join us, please feel free to review the excellent topical presentations from our esteemed colleagues in the wireless industry. And we hope that you will be able to join us at our next meeting being planned now for Spring 2015. If you are interested in hosting or sponsoring, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please consider participation in one of our Program Service teams, to ensure that your interests and challenges are represented.
Working together with other wireless industry organizations, we will ensure our member companies maximize return on their 3G and 4G technology investments.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Mobility Development Group
Day 1 – October 7
Exploring the Evolution to LTE, Steve Parrot, TNS (Members Only)
Beyond 4G: Meeting the user expectations in a hyper connected world, Theodore Sizer, Bell Labs Research
Overview of the Mobility Development Group, Doug Martel, Mobility Development Group
- Russ Lipinski, Associated Carrier Group
- Nick Baustert, Sprint
- Dennis Fu, Mobility Development Group Asia (Members Only)
Spotlight on LTE roaming
- Challenges for CDMA operators transitioning to LTE roaming, Aaron Gillespie, NexTech
- CDMA to LTE Terminology & Process, Kim Jakubowski, The Alaska Wireless Network (Members Only)
- M2M Market Growth Analysis, Matthew Tasooji, GM2MRF
- Making M2M Services Profitable for Carriers, Seyed Zaeen Hosain, Aeris (Members Only)
IRT Steering Committee meeting
Day 2 – October 8
Device working group – Led by Asif Hamidullah, Mobility Development Group
- 3GPP & 3GPP2 Streamlined Device Certification – Thom Ericksson, Global Certification Forum (GCF)
- CDG 177 Multi-Mode System Selection Requirements Proposal – Asif Hamidullah, Mobility Development Group
- Multi-Mode System Selection Testing Requirements – Dinesh Doshi, W2BI/Advantest Group
- CDG 209 v3.0 Hybrid 1X & LTE Requirements Key Updates – Tony Lee, Via Telecom
Leading the Evolution: Tackling the Transition from 3G to 4G, Paul Florack, TNS
Collaborative session – Voice when using LTE and the impacts on device, infrastructure and roaming. Facilitated by Brahm Parasher, Alcatel-Lucent
Collaborative team session – Multimode System Selection – Facilitated by Trevor Shipley, Device Architect, Sprint
- Laura Wyckoff, Sprint (Members Only)
- Yuming Hu, Qualcomm Technologies
- Trevor Shipley, Sprint
- Dinesh Doshi, W2BI
Day 3 – October 9
Drivers & Challenges Mobile Packet Core Integration with WIFI, Dave Dukinfield, Cisco (Members Only)
Roaming Working Group – Led by Libby Mackay, Qualcomm International
- Launching Nationwide LTE Roaming, Kim Jakubowski, The Alaska Wireless Network (Members Only)
- GSM to CDMA Roaming Implementations, Ted Bolerjack, Sprint (Members Only)
Using Big Data to Increase Roaming Revenue, John DuBois, Comfone
Roaming 2015 Work Item Review and Prioritization – Led by Libby Mackay, Qualcomm International (Members Only)
- Do CDMA operators need to have a GSMA membership to roam with LTE?
- MMSS training and tool updates
- What do you need from MDG to support VoLTE roaming?
- CRIET – Not just for roaming anymore. Required enhancements to include 4G.
Device 2015 Work Item Review and Prioritization – Led by Asif Hamidullah, Mobility Development Group
In this issue:
- A note from our Host
- Host and Sponsors
- Be a Sponsor!
- A Letter from the Executive Director
- Mobility Development Group at a Glance
- From the Value Added Services Teams
- Interoperability & Roaming Team
- Technology Road Map
- Device Evolution & Commercialization
- Keynote Speakers
- Member Benefits
- Sprint Voice
- A First for GCI
- Mobility Development Group FAQs
- The State of LTE Roaming
- VoLTE and the Future of 3G
- Network of Choice for IoT Devices
- People of the Mobility Development Group
- Mapping Key Terms from CDMA/EV-DO to LTE
- Equivalent Documents